Posted new build (2:24 PM, PDT).
- Commented the main program.
- Commented the image info.
- Commented the status icon.
- Commented the position manager.
- Commented the threaded loader.
- Checked to make sure the URL is formatted properly in the loader
before attempting to load.
- Added timeout delay to the image scroller, so that a bogus image
will not hang up the scroller's operation.
Posted new build (4:09 PM, PDT).
- Worked on commenting the scroller.
- Compacted some logic in the image scroller, extracted a couple new
Posted new build (12:49 PM, PDT).
- Added GPL license at the top of all sources.
- Added interpolation rendering hints for the image panel and the image scroller.
- Compacted some logic in the image panel.
Posted new build (4:00 PM, PDT).
- Changed the parser to parse an item at a time, instead of saving the
entire feed content before parsing.
- Removed image retrieval during feed parsing, the image is retrieved
only in the scroller, as part of the caching process. This means the parser
may pass an invalid feed, if it has nice-looking image URLs which aren't really
images at all. The scroller will just pass them up, since they will fail to
- Set the feed parser thread to minimum priority.
- Named the threads created by the app for the scroller and the
Posted new build (3:25 PM, PDT).
- Created object to hold image display flag, url, title, and link.
- Added title and link displays that switch with the images.
- Added Image menu item to toggle the display of the image
- Added clickability through the link label to the blog entry that the
image came from.
- Still trying to figure out the memory problems...
Posted new build (9:41 AM, PDT).
- Checked image size in scroller.
- Remove image from MediaTracker after loading has been verified.
Posted new build (6:05 PM, PDT).
- Purged the Scroller, Parser, and any other often-called methods of
copius new object creation.
- No need to keep creating a new scroller when the feeds are
- Reduced the number of objects used by the parser.
- Added ComboBox cell renderer on the Show column.
- Added application icon, and changed the status icons.
Posted new build (1:10 PM, PDT).
- Image Scroller checks the size of the buffered image against the size
of the panel, which doesn't eat up memory so fast.
- Added string parameter which is the label in the "Show" column,
since new items will have "Recent", and changed/refreshed items will not change
the "Show" column value.
- Fixed bug where the tooltip was using the column index, and not the
model column index.
- Fixed bug caused by the scroller, causing an index out of bounds
exception when an error or queued feed was being queried.
- Added new empty Vector objects to the rows when they are added.
- Fixed bug that didn't set the cursor back to the finger when it left
the link column.
- Only if a user left-clicks (BUTTON1) on the link, does it open a new
window. (vs. any click)
- Only if the program is running as an applet, will the link appear
activated (hand icon), and clicking the link through will work. (vs. application
doing a click-deke)
Added some refinements, and a bug fix for the image scroller. Posted new
build (10:00 PM, PDT).
- The selection on the table tracks the displayed image, so that a
selection on the table corresponds to a displayed image.
- Clicking on the link in an applet opens that page in a new browser
- Added neat html-like formatting for the link.
- Fixed image scroller when the current or next image is deleted.
I changed the loading sequence/caching of images, the storage of the
image and display maps, and the GUI ("Show" column). Posted new build (1:05 AM,
- Changed image storage from global Vector to a Vector in the table
- Changed image display map from global Vector to a Vector in the table
- Changed the GUI "Show" column to be "Recent", "All", or "None",
instead of yes/no.
- The above change necessitated the caching of the images to be done
during the delay between images, since I was running out of memory!
Not much. Just realized that when you change the size of the application
while it is fading between images, the new size is not accounted for until the
fading is completely finished. Posted new build (9:15 PM, PDT).
- Fixed bug that doesn't check the size of the applet during fading
transition and resizing.
I begin keeping a changelog today. I just fixed some bugs, and posted a
new build (4:20 AM, PST).
- Fully implemented feed changing directly from the feed list table.
- Fixed bugs in the handling of the image Vectors, which added images,
even if they should have been inserted. Now the image Vectors are populated the
same way as they are listed in the table.
- Fixed bug that displayed the NONE image, instead of the ERROR image if
a feed was not found.
- Created a threaded object to open the feeds in a new thread, enabling
the application to timeout and move on to the next one, instead of waiting an
ungodly amount of time.
- Maybe more...